Saturday, August 25, 2007

Small girl - BIG personality

I recently purchased "Raising a Girl" from the Chicago's Children's Museum, because I obviously have NO CLUE what I am doing. They should really send you home from the hospital with a manual. Every big purchase in life includes a standard warranty and a thick manual. I couldn't believe that they discharged me from the hospital with just a baby in my arms and no directions. Boys are nearly perfect and quite easy to raise (granted - I have only 5 years of experience). My son is in love with me. My daughter is in love with me too; but, sometimes I secretly want to sell her on Ebay... "Three-year-old blond girl, likes Barbie, full of personality ." I am in LOVE with her, I absolutely LOVE everything about her - but she really is a lot to handle. She has a wonderfully strong personality, I don't want to stifle her strong spirits - that can develop into a future leader - a future negotiater - a future anything. I need to discipline her without loosing many of the qualities I adore about her. I took this picture of her today and realized just how small she really is. Her personality really belongs to someone more like 10 years old, I often forget she is only 3.

0classy comments:

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs

Original Header and Concept by: Judith Shakes