Thursday, August 30, 2007

It finally happened!

It finally happened! That magically moment in every parent's life. The moment I have been waiting for. I woke up all by myself at 4am, shot up in bed, and ran to Fifi's room to see if she was alive. And she was.

It did not come easy. We (actually it has been all me) have been letting her cry it out since Sunday. That first night was incredibly painful. Her cry was heart wrenching - I brought her back to bed with us. On Monday night I decided to sleep on the floor of her room - I was tired of walking back and forth between our rooms. On Tuesday night I decided to sleep on the incredibly hard floor of her room again, but this time after drinking 1/2 a bottle of Trader Joe's $4.99 bottle of Chardonnay. Last night, I was so freaking tired from the wine, that when she started to cry I stayed in my room with a pillow over my head. And ... everyone slept. Happy birthday husband! This gift is priceless - we will NEVER AGAIN in our lives have a newborn infant, produced by us, crying all night long. Knock on wood.

0classy comments:

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs

Original Header and Concept by: Judith Shakes